Monday, March 2, 2009

Spring Salad


I've got Spring Fever! I've been using my indoor grill pan a lot lately because I miss grilling. I miss 75 degrees. I miss flip-flops. I miss kids playing in the water. Anyway, to trick me into thinking it actually was Spring I made hot dogs on the indoor grill and this Spring Salad. The dressing on this is really good! It would be great on a lettuce salad as well.

Spring Salad
1 box pasta (bowties, shells, anything fun)
3/4 c chopped carrots
3/4 c chopped radishes
1 cucumber, chopped
1/4 c green pepper, chopped
3/4 c red pepper, chopped
1/2 c celery, chopped
1/4 c yellow onion, chopped

Cook noodles, drain, and rinse in cold water.
Add chopped veggies.
Add dressing.

dressing:
3/4 c sugar
1 c oil
1/2 c vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 t celery seed
1 t dry mustard

Mix in blender. Add to salad. Chill.

No comments: