Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Who's the Boss?

It has been a DREARY week. Rainy. Damp. Windy. Cloudy. Depressing! It's affecting me. I don't want to do anything. My house is a mess. Not that I'm not doing any chores. It's just I do them and then three little people (who shall remain unnamed) come running through and undo in 5 seconds what it took me all day to do! Have you been there? Why am I doing it? What's the point? Why should I pick up the living room AGAIN when it's going to be messy as soon as I turn around?........Because I'm not doing it for them, or me, or I shouldn't be. I am doing it for the Lord. I need to clean my house, and do my laundry, and cook my meals with all of my heart as if the Lord Himself asked me to do these things. I like the New Living Translation of this verse. It says, "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." If we are doing our work in hopes that our children will take notice and rise up and call us blessed:).....we will be let down every time. The Lord sees our heart and knows the motive behind our actions.

Lord, I'm sorry I've had the wrong attitude towards my everyday tasks. Please help me to do my best for You every time and be grateful for the many "blessings" You have given to me to be in charge of.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that. It's been a rough 4-6 weeks for me. It really opened up my eyes and made me stop and think. So I thank you!