Monday, March 23, 2009

Broiled Buttered Cod



I'm not a big sea food lover, but I know it's good for me so I'll try fish every once and a while. I found this recipe online for frozen cod fillets and I really liked it. It had many good reviews and they all said it tasted like lobster. I've never had lobster so I don't know if they were telling the truth, but it was really good.

Broiled Buttered Cod

6 - 6oz frozen cod fillets
6 cups water
1 c sugar
2 T salt
1 stick butter, melted
paprika

Place frozen fish in large pot.
Mix together water, sugar, and salt.
Pour water over the fish. Should fully cover the fish. If not, add more water.
Bring to a boil. Boil for 3-5 min.
Remove from water.
Blot dry with paper towels.
Transfer to greased baking sheet.
Brush with 3 T melted butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
Broil for 8-10 min. until golden.
Serve with remaining butter and wedge of lemon.

No comments: