Monday, January 5, 2009

Anonymous Appetizer

We had a New Year's party at church where we played games and spent some time in prayer for the new year. Everyone was asked to bring a game and a snack. I brought these appetizers that I've been wanting to try since I first tasted them at a Sysco Food show a few years ago. I don't know what they are called, so maybe you can help me name them.

Here's what they look like.

And here's how I made them.

Brush 4 sheets of phyllo dough with melted butter and stack them. Cut into 3" squares and press into mini muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min until golden.
Let cool then add a tsp of cream cheese and top with a little pepper jelly.

You can serve as is, or warm them back up in the oven for another 3-5 min.

The phyllo dough gets so flaky and buttery. And the cream cheese paired with the pepper jelly is perfect!
We all decided they taste like cream cheese wontons that have been dipped in sweet and sour sauce. Yummy!

So what do you think they should be called?

No comments: