Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In the works




This week I tried my hand at a Pink Grapefruit bar of soap and it smells lovely! Look for this to be in my etsy shop by the end of January. It still needs to cure a few weeks.

Another batch of Rosemary-Mint soap is made and will be cured and ready to sell by the end of next week.

I also have an Orange-Ginger bar in the works.  This too should be ready by the end of the month, just in time for some Valentine's Day shopping!


I still have some Cedarwood, Cinnamon-Clove,a few Rosemary-Mint, and hard lotion bars available now! Get them before they are gone!

4 comments:

Grandma G said...

Ooohh... pink grapefruit sounds great... I must have some! Orange ginger will go in my order, too! Mmmm! Your soaps are the BEST EVER! My skin hasn't felt this nice in a long time!

Question: With all the oils in them, are they apt to go rancid eventually? Like how long would they be good? I'd like to order extras to save on shipping, but I don't want them to go bad before I get them used up.

Mom Judy said...

Heidi, please save me 2 of each. I would get them when we come up in a few weeks.

Heidi said...

I've had some in my bathroom closet for 6 months and it hasn't gone rancid. I think that the chemical process that happens between the lye and the oils preserves it.
I have heard that citrus essential oils scent will fade quicker than others, but I put 3-4 times as much essential oil in them to hopefully make them long-lasting.

Grandma G said...

That's good to know. Thanks, Heidi!