Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fabric Playtime House


Wanna see what Isaiah's getting for Christmas?

It's a portable little play barn.
Wanna see what's inside?
It unfolds into a little play farm mat.
I found a tube of farm yard figures at Jo-Ann's to go along with it.

Then when he's all done playing, he can toss them inside, fold it up, and button it shut.

I was so pleased with how this turned out and had such fun making it, that I needed to make a girl version too!


There is a great tutorial here if you are interested in making your own.
I started with her design, but then added an extra section at the end for more play space.

8 comments:

Grandma G said...

That is so CUTE!! I just added it to my pile of intentions!

summer said...

heidi!
this is AWESOME.

Christina said...

Oh, wow! This is exactly what I'm making my son for Christmas too! Same tutorial and all; I've been planning on making it since I found the tutorial a few months ago. I guess I'd better get busy. : )

Heidi said...

Christina - that's funny! You're going to love making it. It was so much fun to do!

Annabelle said...

You are amazing!

Mom Judy said...

That is so clever. Your kids are going to love it! You will probably love it even more than them.

Christine said...

wow! very cute.

Sharon said...

Heidi-these are GREAT! Love them!