Friday, November 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Puffs

I was at the grocery store and noticed for the first time a big bag of plain puffed cereal. No sugar. No coating. And I thought hmmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to make my own peanut butter coated cereal? Turns out it's quite easy and quite tasty!

(There is also a cocoa version still in the works. That one needs a few more tweaks, but I'll share it with you when I've got it figured out. Then you can make your own Reese's Puffs!
)


Peanut Butter Puffs

8-9 cups of puffed cereal
1 cup peanut butter
2 T coconut oil
1/2 c honey or agave nectar
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla

Melt peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in sauce pan until smooth.
Stir in salt and vanilla.
Poor over puffed cereal in a large bowl and mix until evenly coated.
Spread into 2 baking sheets and bake at 250 degrees for 16 minutes, stir and rotate pans half way through.
Let cool and store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That recipe looks awesome! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

Mom Judy said...

We had it at deer hunting and it was good even without milk- just a snack.