Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Told to Behold




This is the latest verse that I am memorizing. It's the perfect length for my triple kid induced memory loss.
Seriously mom, how is it that you appear to function at full-capacity after having SEVEN of us?
Is there hope?
Does it come back?
Or did you start out as a super-genius and, after seven kids sucked out your brain cells, we brought you down to a suma cum laude status?

Or shoot! Did you tell me your secret during one of those "games" which were actually chores, but I was too busy listening to the complaining in my head to hear your soft spoken words of wisdom?

Oh, that I would have had my eyes opened to understand the wondrous things my mom was trying to teach me for my own good!
Curse you, teenage Heidi! Curse yoooooooouuuu!!!!


But now, I apply this lesson learned to even greater wisdom-God's law. This verse has become my prayer every time I read or listen to a sermon.

Lord, open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law! Quiet my loud, preconceived, selfish, prideful thoughts so that I may hear Your soft-spoken words of truth. Help me to see Your secrets during those "trials" which are actually lessons by reading Your Word and seeking it for guidance. And bless my mom and dad for raising seven God-fearing kids. May they be praised in the gates!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I think I'll be joining you in your prayer this week.

Mom Judy said...

Those 7 kids you were talking about taught me so much about God and our relationship with Him and His love and His forgiveness and His patience. That is why they are called gifts from God! Thanks for being one of my gifts!